Monday 23 May 2016

The Waterproof Eyeliner Comparison Test

Hi,

Yesterday I thought I'd do a comparison test on all the current waterproof liquid eyeliners that I have.  I've found that with every liner that I have tried so far - they've all been rather disappointing when it comes to withstanding water as they all have a tendency to smudge. None the less, I thought i'd do a comparison test out of the 5 that I currently have. 

Anyway onto the test.
So the liners used today are:
1) Bobbi Browns Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
2) Maybelline Lasting Drama 24h Studio Gel Eyeliner.
3) K Palette Waterproof Real Lasting  EyeLiner 24h 1 Day Tatoo
4) Benefits They're Real Push Up Gel Liner
5) Make Up Forever- Aqua Eyes Pencil Liner






























The swatches are in the same order as listed.
For the test I ran my hand under a running tap and scrubbed the swatches with my finger to test how much each liner would smudge after being submerged in water.




 All liners resisted smudging after being submerged directly under water.

 After scrubbing my hand a few times all liners had smudged. 
The top 2 liners with least smudging:1) Benefit - They're Real Push Up Gel Liner- This liner smudged around the edge like the others but the dark line had stayed put and very little fading.2) KP Palette - Waterproof Real Lasting Liner  - Similar to Benefits liner, the line had smudged around the edges but the original line had stayed in place pretty well compared to the others.



























After further scrubbing the only liner to have not have faded was Benefits- They're Real Push Up Liner.

I also found that the line is extremely faded but still on my hand even now (gone 1 day) and note that I wash my hands very often and have showered and scrubbed the line.

Conclusion- Even though no line had fully resisted smudging after being underwater and I don't particularly rate Benefits liner due to the awkward applicator- This has proven that out of the 5 tested, Benefits Liner has the most staying power under water. It could perhaps even be used for swimming as long as you avoid rubbing your eyes.

I plan on trying Wet and Wilds H2O Proof Liquid Liner next and if that proves to smudge then I'll look at buying Stilas All Day Liner, MAC Fluidline liner and Urban Decays Gel Liner. My Wet and Wild Liner should arrive in the next few weeks so fingers crossed!

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment