Wednesday 18 May 2016

K Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner -1 Day Tatoo - Waterproof Review

Hii,

Only a few more days until due date...and I've still yet to find a good waterproof liner to potentially take with me to hospital. Although, tbf, I doubt my makeup or how I look will even cross my mind at the time.

Anyway, on to the review. I received my K Palette Waterproof liner through YesStyle.co.uk and couldn't wait to test it and had real high hopes for this one.

The eyeliner is in the exact same packaging as the non waterproof version; only difference is the waterproof version has WP on the pen.

As usual, I did a Swatch on my hand, smudge and water test and also submerged my face in water with the liner being applied to my eyes.

Swatch: Similarly to the non waterproof version, this liner applies well and comes out highly pigmented. The pen style packaging allows easy application. The texture comes out black and glossy with a slight shine to it.

Smudge Test: After smudging the swatch; I found that the liner has quite good staying power. Only after a few hard scrubs the liner had started to discolour.

Water Test: For the water test, put my hand under a running tap.The swatch stayed on under water with no smudging from the running tap. I did not try scrubbing the liner off and the liner stayed on well; still maintaining its glossy black appearance from water alone.

Submerging and Scrub: The liner had started to smudge off when I swiped the excess water off my eyes and face.



























I re-applied the liner onto my eyes and left it on throughout the day and wore it into the shower later. I submerged my face under water but resisted touching my eyes after being in water to see whether the liner would would smudge. The results are as below. The bottom liner seems to have smudged slightly under the lash line but the upper lash line seems to have stayed on well without any smudging and crumbling.



Rating:

Texture: 4/5 I like the glossy finish and the liner is very easy to apply but due to the liner being a felt tip application, the liner does dry out easily.

Smudge Resistance: 4/5 - Good resistance to scrubbing. -1 for slight discolouration.

Water Resistance: 3/5 - The liner stays on well in water but will come off with scrubbing. Can be worn underwater and swimming but would just have to avoid touching any areas with the applied liner.

Thank you for Reading !

Amy x



No comments:

Post a Comment