Monday 18 July 2016

Review: Wunderbrow

Hey hey,

So Amazon Prime day featured Wunderbrow which I had been wanting to try. Usually Wunderbrow retails for around £20. I've also seen offers on Groupon for this, too. Hubby had gone and bought it for me so I've used and tested it over the last 3 days.

Wunderbrow claims to be a "semi permanent" brow application in under 2 minutes. Wonderful idea if it works especially now that its warm and humid.

Many reviews online have said that they have had difficulty applying Wunderbrow. Mostly from over and or messy application.





















(Sorry, bad lighting!!)


Packaging and Application:
So the Wunderbrow comes in 4 different shades: Black/Brown, Blonde, Brunette, and Auburn. The shade I have is Black/Brown, It comes in a tube with a small brush like applicator and a separate spool brush.The product itself is a sticky Gel like texture and is very pigmented.

During application I did find that the reviews online were right about it being quite tricky to apply. The packagings instructs that the gel is to be applied to any gaps and over your natural brow hairs; however the gel is so heavily pigmented it doesn't really allow for any mistakes and it can get quite messy if you do make a mistake. Best thing i've found is to use a cotton bud/swab whatever you want to call it and use a creamy oil based cleanser to correct any blotches or excess mistakes. I also found that its very easy to over-apply .The first time I tried it I had on brow a lot darker than the other and I just couldn't quite get them matching so it does take a few tries to get it right! Once the gel sets into place it leaves your brows with a strange "hardened" texture.


I quite liked the end result once I managed to get it right.

Performance and durability:

To test the staying power of Wunderbrow; I'd worn it over a period of 3 days without reapplying.

By the end of the first day; I have to say it has incredible staying power. Absolutely no smudges at all and brows still in place. I had also gone in the shower and fully submerged my face in the water and my brows still stayed in place relatively well.


After the third day my brows were still in place, there were very very slight gaps were I must have rubbed subconsciously throughout the days but overall I definitely rate this product and would use it for holidays or even swimming.

After second time applying i've found that its alot easier to apply following the direction of hair growth and just dab around lightly if you're using it to fill in gaps.

Once you get past the initial tricky application; Wunderbrow is brilliant in terms of durability and i'd personally recommend it if you're looking for a long wearing brow cosmetic. 



I've literally so much content to catch up on but lately it's been absolutely manic. On the plus side my skin went from being itchy red raw to baby soft again! Yay!

When I get the chance I've been trying different makeup looks, at the moment I'm absolutely hooked on watching YouTube tutorials especially a Korean make up artist called Pony. The more I watch her videos the more I idolise her- she's soooo pretty! It's changed the way I'm applying my makeup and given me the courage to ditch the heavy eye liner look and go for a softer look more natural look. It's been nearly two years since I've had my laser eye surgery and haven't had to rely on lenses but I'm still coming to terms with how I look without wearing lenses. I plan on doing a post on makeup looks based on some of the videos i've watched at some point in the future.

Anyway the weather is lovely today in UK so we've gone and got a paddling pool, ice cream, non alcoholic beers and pop to chill in the garden.

My baby boy is growing up nicely, and showing me lots of smiles lately, too which has been lovely. Unfortunately the hot weather has made him a little cranky the last few days and has kept me very busy. Nevermind!

Thank you  for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment